15-minute pasta meal cooked in the same pot as asparagus and green peas + fresh homemade spinach pesto. Pesto makes this recipe creamy and really summery. Using brown rice pasta the cooking process is very fast. Recipe does not contain gluten and lactose.
ASPARAGUS, GREEN PEA & PESTO PASTADrukāt/Print
- Place in a food processor spinach leaves, radish sprouts, mint leaves, garlic cloves, add lemon zest and lemon juice. Blend everything well;
- Add walnuts, salt, pepper, cardamom, olive oil and finely blend everything.
- Boil water in a pot and add salt to it;
- When water is boiling add pasta, sliced asparagus and green peas in a pot. Boil for about 8 minutes;
- Before draining the water, take 1/2 cup of water from the pot, which you will then add back in a next step;
- Add pesto and saved water to the boiled pasta, asparagus and green peas Mix everything together;
- Before serving add some grated cheese. You can decorate this dish with radish sprouts.
To make this meal lactose-free, use cheese that does not contain lactose.
If you want, you can use different pasta, cooking it according to the instructions on the package. But if that pasta needs to be boiled more than 8 min then add asparagus and peas into the pot a bit later, so they boils only 8 min total.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!