Simple tomato & salami tart, with homemade gluten & lactose free tart crust, full of delicious herbs, onions and topped with mozzarella cheese. And did I mentioned that it is also really juicy?
GLUTEN FREE, LACTOSE FREE TOMATO TARTDrukāt/Print
SastāvdaļasFor tart crust:
For tart crust:
- Place flour, xanthan gum, salt, oregano, rosemary and basil in a food processor with a chopping blade attached. Blend everything a little so all ingredients mix well;
- Cut cold butter into a smaller pieces and place it into the food processor. Blend until the butter is completely mixed with the flour (after it is blend enough the dough should be completely crumbly, with no visible butter pieces);
- Whisk the egg yolk together with an ice cold water in a smaller bowl;
- Place the dough into a bowl, add the whisked egg and mix everything together (knead the dough by hands so that there are no dry lumps);
- Take a tart baking tin (~25cm in diameter) and press the dough evenly with your fingers around the tin (if the regular gluten containing dough could be easily rolled out, then this one is much easier to press with your hands). It should be medium thin (~ 3mm) and also it should have higher, slightly thicker edges (if you want the edges to be at the same height, you can trim them);
- Prick the bottom of the crust several times with a fork to prevent puffing up during the baking and place it in the freezer for 30min;
- Meanwhile – preheat the oven to 200°C;
- After the crust is chilled, place it in the oven (in a medium level) and bake it for 15min. In the meantime – start preparing the filling.
- Cut salami, tomatoes and onions into thin slices;
- When the tart crust is baked for 15 minutes, remove it from the oven and fill it;
- Spread the crust base with tomato sauce. Then place half of all sliced tomatoes in one layer, make the next layer of salami, then in next layer use rest of tomatoes and top it with layer of onions;
- Whisk eggs with rice cream, salt, black pepper and parsley leaves. Pour over tomatoes, onions and salami, sprinkle over some chopped thyme;
- Place the tart back into the oven and continue to bake it for about 25min at 200°C;
- Then sprinkle cheese over the tart and bake it for another 5min;
- When the tart is ready, it can be served hot or cold.
-In this recipe are used gluten-free Doves Farm fine flour, which does not contain thickeners - resin (if you use another gluten free flour mix which contains thickener, you don't need to add extra xanthan gum).
-Because gluten-free flour does not contain gluten, which holds regular wheat flour together and allows it to be easily kneaded, you need to add xanthan gum to this flour – natural binder, thickener that reduces crushing and improves structure.
-You can use other lactose-free cream instead of rice cream (if you want a meal without lactose).
-You can use any other lactose-free cheese instead of Mozzarella cheese (if you want a meal without lactose).
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!