At this time breakfast table features goji berry, coconut and pistachio granola, which also contains oatmeal, rice flakes, cornflakes, walnuts, coconut oil and agave syrup.
This could also be called a super-granola, because it is full of excellent ingredients, fiber, vitamins, iron and other substances that will make your morning meal delicious and healthy.
GOJI BERRY, COCONUT, PISTACHIO GRANOLADrukāt/Print
- Preheat the oven to 170°C;
- In a bowl pour oatmeal, rice flakes, cornflakes, walnuts and add spices – salt, cinnamon, cardamom. Mix everything;
- In another bowl – mix together melted coconut oil, agave syrup and orange extract (coconut oil can be melted in a saucepan on the stove or placed in the microwave for 30sec – 1min);
- Pour the liquid mass over the dry mixture. Mix everything well so that the flake, nut mixture is evenly moist;
- Place the baking paper in the baking pan and spread the wet flake, nut mixture evenly in a pan;
- Place baking pan in the oven (medium level) and bake for 10 minutes;
- Add the coconut slices in a pan, stir thoroughly and continue to bake for another 15 minutes (coconut slices are added later so that they do not burn). From time to time stir everything so that it does not burn and bakes evenly;
- At the end of baking granola should be slightly golden and much drier. Remove the baking pan from the oven and allow the granola to cool (as it cools, it will become harder and crispier);
- When the granola has cooled completely, add goji berries (you can cut them smaller if you want) and chopped pistachios. Mix everything together.
You can eat breakfast granola with milk or yogurt and add your favorite berries, fruits – such as mango.
Granola is ideal for longer storage in airtight containers.
To make the recipe gluten-free, use gluten-free oatmeal, rice and cornflakes.
Instead of homemade orange extract you can use 1 tsp store bought vanilla extract or scrape the peel from 1 orange.
To prepare your orange extract, look for the recipe here – Homemade extracts.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!