Breakfast bars filled with quite a few healthy and nutritious ingredients. Preparation does not take long time and is without baking. This granola bar is a great start to the morning or a snack during a busy day. If you want them to be gluten-free – use gluten-free oatmeal.
NO BAKE BREAKFAST GRANOLA BARSDrukāt/Print
- Lay a square baking tin or dish (~ 22x26cm) with parchment paper;
- In a large bowl place all the dry ingredients – oatmeal, almond flakes, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, chia seeds, sesame seeds, goji berries, cranberries, raisins, apricots, salt, cinnamon and ginger powder. Mix everything well;
- Put honey, coconut oil and brown sugar in a saucepan. Heat over medium / medium-high heat until it starts boiling, stirring frequently (make sure that sugar dissolves completely). Once it begins to boil, let boil for 1 more minute.
- Pour hot mixture over dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined;
- Place granola mixture in the pre-prepared form and press it evenly and firmly so it covers fully the base of dish- I recommend using a glass or other dish with a smooth base that allows to press it really tight together;
- Let the granola mixture cool for ~ 10-15min and then place in the freezer for at least an hour to allow it to harden fully (it is easier to cut it in bars while they are frozen);
- Cut into 16 bars and store in a plastic wrap or in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 weeks (or in a freezer for even longer time). These bars will get softer and a little crumbly when they’re stored at room temperature for too long, so make sure to keep them chilled!
To have a gluten free granola bars, use gluten free oats.
If you have bought large apricots, cut them into smaller pieces - it is easy to do with kitchen scissors.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!