Peach lemonade with a pleasant thyme taste. Perfect, bright and easy to prepare. This lemonade will be ideal to cool off on a hot summer day or to serve it at a party drink table.
Make it even more refreshing by choosing carbonated or soda water instead of drinking water.
PEACH, LIME & THYME LEMONADEDrukāt/Print
SastāvdaļasFor thyme syrup: 1/2 cup sugar 1/4 cup water (it’s 60ml) 2.5 tbsp fresh lemon juice 8 thyme sprigs (fresh)
For lemonade: 5 peaches (4 peaches for puree, 1 sliced for decoration) 4 large basil leaves 1 grated lime zest 1 lime juice ice cubes fresh mint leaves (for decoration) thyme syrup 2.5-3 l of water*
For thyme syrup:
1. Place all the ingredients in a small saucepan;
2. Boil it on a medium / medium-high heat until the sugar melts (stirring occasionally);
3. Then reduce heat to low level and simmer syrup for another 10 minutes (this will helps to get the most flavor);
4. Remove saucepan from the heat, pour all the liquid and thyme in a bowl and allow to cool completely.
1. In a kitchen blender put 4 peaches, basil, grated lime zest and lime juice. Blend it till liquid peach puree consistency;
2. Strain the puree through a fine mesh sieve in a bowl to collect all the liquid/juice (put peach puree in a sieve and squeeze it with a spoon or silicone spatula);
3. Put large amount of ice into the large juice jug, add some mint leaves, one sliced peach, add thyme syrup (removing thyme stalks), peach juice and water. Mix it all together.
* Instead of drinking water, you can choose carbonated or soda water to make the lemonade more sparkling.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!