Creamy penne pasta with vodka and chili fried bacon, lemon zest, cheese and tomato paste – a quick meal with summer freshness.
PENNE ALLA VODKADrukāt/Print
Sastāvdaļas500gr Penne pasta
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, pour off the water and set aside;
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat (preferably in a WOK pan so you can cook everything together later using the same pan);
- Add bacon or ham in a pan, sprinkle over pinch of salt, black pepper and chili pepper flakes & cook it about 3-5 min (till the meat turns golden brown);
- Then pour over vodka and allow it to cook for about a minute;
- Add tomato paste and cook a little;
- Pour in heavy cream, add finely grated lemon zest, ginger and chopped garlic, mix in everything & cook for about another 5 min until the sauce becomes thicker;
- Meanwhile – finely grate the cheese, chop parsley leaves and thyme. Before adding these ingredients at the next step – save some cheese, parsley leaves and thyme so you can sprinkle them over finished meal;
- When the sauce becomes thicker add in Penne pasta, cheese, parsley leaves and thyme. Heat everything a little;
- Before serving sprinkle over a little cheese and fresh parsley leaves, thyme.
If you want this dish to be even spicier, you can add some extra chili flakes or cayenne powder
To make your meal gluten-free or lactose-free, use any gluten-free pasta and lactose-free cheese, butter and heavy cream.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!