Shrimps marinated in pesto sauce is not only a quick meal, but a must-try recipe during the grill season & it will taste fabulous with homemade pesto, but also store bought will not disappoint. You can also safely cook them on a grill pan and serve as a main course or snack.
PESTO GRILLED SHRIMPSDrukāt/Print
Sastāvdaļas2-3 tbsp pesto*
- Prepare fresh pesto according to the ingredients and cooking instructions indicated in the recipe (or use store bought one);
- Place the shrimps in a bowl, add 2-3 tbsp pesto, finely chopped cilantro and squeeze in fresh lime juice from 1/2 lime. Mix everything and place the shrimp bowl in a fridge for 20 minutes so they can marinate;
- Cut 1 lime into slices and put them together with marinated shrimps on a skewers;
- Grill the shrimp skewers on the grill or grill pan for about 2-3 minutes on each side;
- Before serving, squeeze 1/2 of lime juice over shrimps .
Serving: Shrimps can be served immediately while they are hot as a main course, together with some side dish, or they can be served in a snack/appetizer table either hot or cold.
I suggest to use fresh shrimps and remove their shells before grilling.
If you don't want to make your own pesto, you can always use store bought basil pesto.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!