Refreshing and bright cocktail for a hot summer day. Or days. Also for the evenings! This cocktail combines the taste of pineapple, the freshness of lemon with the sweetness of mint syrup and a little splash of rum joy all over it!
PINEAPPLE RUM COCKTAIL & MINT SYRUPDrukāt/Print
SastāvdaļasFor mint syrup: 1/2 cup sugar 1/2 cup water 2-3 stalks mint leaves 4 slices ginger
For 2 cocktails: 200 ml pineapple juice* 50 ml fresh lemon juice (~ 1/2 lemon) 30 ml mint syrup 100 ml white rum ice cubes
For garnish: Mint leaves Lime slices Pineapple slices
1. Place all the syrup ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for ~ 2 minutes. Stir to dissolve the sugar completely;
2. Remove it from the heat and allow the mint leaves to stand in the liquid for another 20 minutes;
3. Then strain the syrup through a sieve in an airtight container / bottle. The syrup can be stored in a refrigerator.
For two cocktails:
1. Place some ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, pour in pineapple and lemon juices, mint syrup, rum. Shake it well;
2. Put a couple of ice cubes in 2 glasses, add chopped or whole mint leaves and lime slices;
3. Pour the mixed cocktail into glasses and decorate with mint leaves or pineapple slices.
If you want to have a more natural taste, use freshly squeezed pineapple juice.
To make a non-alcoholic cocktail - do not add rum. Use sparkling water or tonic instead.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!