This oatmeal porridge is perfect for a healthy start to the day (it is rich in carbohydrates, fiber and vitamins).
To make your busy mornings a bit easier, the porridge should be prepared the night before, it does not need to be cooked and the preparation takes only 5 minutes.
RASPBERRY, CHIA & ALMOND OVERNIGHT OATSDrukāt/Print
- 67 gr (or 1/2 + 1/4 cups) oatmeal
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup almond flakes
- 55 gr (or 1/2 cup) raspberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 170 ml (or 1/2 + 1/3 cup) rice* milk
- This breakfast porridge needs to be done a night before. In a 1/2l jar or in a breakfast bowl place oatmeal, chia seeds, almond flakes, raspberries, maple syrup, rice* milk and mix everything well;
- Close the jar (or cover the dish with a cling film) so that the breakfast porridge does not absorb the smell of the refrigerator and place the jar/bowl in the refrigerator overnight.
Before eating – mix it, so all the tastes comes together.
If you want the breakfast porridge to be a bit wetter, add some extra milk.
Breakfast can be prepared the night before or even 1 more day in advance.
Raspberries can be used fresh or frozen (I mostly use frozen, because I can find them in my freezer all year round).
Instead of rice milk, you can use regular milk or any other lactose-free milk or milk drink.
If you need this recipe to be gluten free, use gluten free oats.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!