Asian style chicken breast – fried in a cornstarch and covered with delicious and sweet tomato, honey sauce. Perfect for serving with rice or spicy salad. If you want you can make this recipe a bit spicier by adding chili peppers.
TOMATO HONEY CHICKENDrukāt/Print
Sastāvdaļas1 kg boneless chicken thighs
- Preheat the oven to 220°C;
- Wash chicken thighs in a cold water and cut them into smaller cubes/slices;
- Place chicken slices in a bowl, add 2/3 cup cornstarch and stir so that all the chicken pieces are covered with starch (for a faster and easier option: place chicken slices and cornstarch in a bowl with a lid, close the lid tightly and shake the bowl really well);
- Heat the pan over medium/medium-high heat. Fry the chicken for about 1 minute (just to make the cornstarch form a golden crust);
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish;
- In another bowl make the sauce -add honey, tomato paste, brown sugar, grape vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and ginger powder, sesame oil, squeeze the juice from 1 lime, add watter and 3 tbsp corn starch. Mix everything well;
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and mix everything so all the chicken slices are covered with sauce;
- Cook the chicken in the oven for about 30 minutes;
- Before serving – sprinkle with finely chopped cilantro, spring onions and sesame seeds.
To make this recipe gluten-free - use gluten-free soy sauce and tomato paste.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!