Creamy pasta with pumpkin, cashew sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. This meal is not only bright, delicious, healthy and vegan, but also does not contain lactose and gluten (if using gluten-free pasta).
VEGAN PUMPKIN PASTADrukāt/Print
Sastāvdaļas1/2 sugar pumpkin (small, unpeeled)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C;
- Place cashews in a heat-resistant bowl, pour over boiling water and let soak for about an hour. Set aside;
- Meanwhile, place baking paper in the baking pan. Pierce the skin of pumpkin with a fork to have a lot of holes in the peel (this will help the pumpkin to bake more evenly, allowing hot air to circulate). Sprinkle the inside of the pumpkin with 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper and a little drizzle of olive oil. Put the pumpkin in a baking pan with the skin on top. Also place in a baking pan unpeeled garlic cloves and unpeeled onion (cut it in a half). Pour over everything a small amount of olive oil, cover with foil, place in the oven (upper level) and bake for ~40-50 min (or as long as the pumpkin peel is soft enough to be easily pierced with a fork or knife);
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, pour off the water, add a little oil to the pasta so it won’t stick together and set aside;
- When the pumpkin, garlic and onions are ready, remove them from the oven and allow them to cool. When everything has cooled a little, separate pumpkin from the peel (the easiest way to do this is with a spoon), peel the garlic and onion. Set aside;
- Place vegetable stock cube in a 250ml of hot water and stir it while it dissolves;
- Drain off water from the previously blanched nuts, place them in a food processor and finely grind. Then add the peeled pumpkin, onion, garlic, add 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp black pepper, chili pepper, paella spice mix, red pepper flakes, rosemary, 2 tbsp olive oil and broth. Blend everything really well until you reach smooth sauce texture (if it is needed, add some extra salt or black pepper);
- In a saucepan with boiled pasta, add finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes and pour over the pumpkin sauce. Mix everything together. If it is needed, before serving heat everything up in a saucepan.
Serving: Serve immediately after cooking, sprinkle radish sprouts over the dish.
To make this meal gluten-free, use a gluten-free Penne pasta.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!