Thin pancakes or crepes, which do not contain gluten and lactose. They are really easy, quick to prepare and are an excellent substitute for wheat flour pancakes. This recipe is also suitable for salty pancakes – when preparing the dough, do not add maple syrup.
GLUTEN FREE CREPESDrukāt/Print
- 2 cups universal gluten-free flour mix*
- 30 gr butter (melted)
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups rice milk
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- oil* (for greasing the pan)
- Into larger bowl (large enough to mix all the ingredients together) pour in the melted butter, add the eggs and whisk everything really well;
- Add rice milk, maple syrup, salt and whisk again;
- Sift the flour in and whisk everything, making sure that there are no any flour lumps left in the dough mixture;
- Grease the pan with oil (pour a few drops of oil into the pan and spread it around with a brush) and heat the pan over medium heat;
- When the pan is heated enough, using a measuring cup (1/3 cup – 80ml) or some larger spoon, pour the pancake batter into the pan – pour the dough with one hand and with the other twirl/tilt the pan and rotate it with a circular motion to help the batter spread evenly;
- When the pancake is cooked for a few seconds and it has a golden brown color, turn it to the other side and cook until the other side is ready;
- Repeat the process with the other pancakes, greasing pan with oil before each pancake.
Serve pancakes warm, with fruit, maple syrup, honey, jam, etc.
This recipe uses gluten-free Doves Farm universal flour mix, which does not contain thickeners - resin.
To prepare lactose-free pancakes, use lactose-free butter and milk. Instead of rice milk, other milk drinks (almond, coconut, soy milk) or lactose-free milk can be used.
The pan needs to be greased with oil very minimally so that the pancake does not "float" in the oil and can flow freely over the base of the pan.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!