Spaghetti pasta with fresh herb, nut and avocado sauce, together with mussels cooked in white wine, cayenne pepper and garlic – an elegant, simple 20-minute meal with excellent taste.
To prepare this pasta meal, you will also need to read/view the recipe for Green Pistachio Avocado Sauce (click on the name), where you will find out how to prepare and what ingredients you need for this sauce!
GREEN SAUCE PASTA WITH MUSSELSDrukāt/Print
Sastāvdaļas500 gr Spaghetti pasta
- Add some salt into the saucepan and cook the pasta according to package directions;
- Meanwhile, prepare Green Pistachio Avocado Sauce according to the ingredients in their recipe and the cooking instructions. When the sauce is done, leave it in a blender and set aside;
- Prepare the mussels – heat the pan over medium heat and melt the butter;
- Then add finely chopped garlic in a pan and continue to cook over medium heat until the garlic turns golden brown;
- Place the mussels in a pan and cook them for ~30 seconds, stirring them over the pan;
- Pour in white wine, sprinkle with cayenne pepper, cover the pan with a lid and allow to bake for ~1-1,5 min;
- Add lemon juice and finely chopped parsley leaves. Stir everything and remove pan from the stove;
- When the pasta has boiled, drain it, put it back in the pot, add a little olive oil and stir it;
- Add the sauce and mussels (with the whole mussel sauce) to the pasta and mix everything together.
Serving: Serve immediately after cooking, sprinkle over finely grated Parmesan cheese.
To make this meal gluten-free, use gluten-free Spaghetti pasta (such as corn/rice pasta).
To make this meal lactose-free, use lactose-free hard cheese.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!