Juicy chicken fillet with a distinct combination of whiskey, ginger, brown sugar and sesame oil. Ideal for a hot main course or for a cold appetizer.
1/2 cup whiskey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce*
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves (crushed or finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp ginger (fresh, finely grated/chopped)
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 kg chicken fillet
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Place all the ingredients, except chicken and olive oil, in a bowl and mix. Stir everything well and once the sugar dissolves, you have a marinade for the meat;
- Wash chicken fillet under cold water and then cut it into smaller cubes, slices;
- Add chicken into the marinade (make sure that all of it is coated with marinade) and cover bowl with a plastic wrap;
- Refrigerate the the chicken into the marinade for at least couple of hours (best if you can leave it overnight) – longer it stays into the marinade, more flavorful it is;
- Cook chicken in a preheated pan with an olive oil till it is no longer raw/pink;
- Add a little marinade and continue to cook until the meat is completely cooked and the marinade has turned into a slightly thicker sauce (at that point chicken should look caramelized brown).
This marinade is also suitable for other meats. For dark meat marinade use red wine instead of white wine.
To make this recipe gluten-free - use gluten-free soy sauce.
If you did this recipe, please show it to us too! Tag your picture in social media with #stayforabite or mark me in your IG post with @stayforabite. We will be really happy to see how it turned out for you!